If you have your car then legally you must have car insurance. So, you must find the best car insurance that suits you. There are different varieties of car insurance covers available that you can select based on your needs.
If you want to know how car insurance works then firstly you must understand exactly what insurance is. Insurance is needed for all types of vehicles e.g. cars, motorcycles, trucks, and any other road vehicles.
Your car insurance is a kind of contract that comes as a policy, where an individual/organization will receive from the insurer financial protection and also reimbursement of any damages. The terms and conditions of vehicle insurance may vary based on policy and insurer.
You can contact the representative of Money Expert, or visit their website at moneyexpert.com to find the suitable insurance for your vehicle that you may need. Let us try to answer a few common questions regarding car insurance so that you may know all that you need to know about it.
1. Why do you need car insurance?
Having car insurance, you will remain financially protected in case any car accident takes place. Basic types of insurance cover the cost of injury caused to other people. As a car owner legally, you are supposed to have a basic cover called third-party insurance.
2. Whether car insurance is compulsory in the UK?
In the UK, you will need insurance for any motorised vehicles that will use public roads. Therefore, if you want to drive legally your car then you must buy a car insurance policy. The minimum legal requirement is third-party insurance.
3. What are the different car insurance types?
There are 3 different levels of car insurance available:
- Fully comprehensive – Here, you will be covered for any cost of repair due to accident, third-party injury, and also vandalism.
- Third-party – This is minimum required and covers the cost of injury to the third party.
- Third-party, theft, and fire – In addition to third-party injury it also covers against theft and fire too.
1. How to calculate the car insurance cost?
To calculate the car insurance cost the following factors are considered:
- Your age
- Your occupation
- Your driving-record
- Your postcode
- The type of car
2. What information is needed to apply for my car insurance?
While applying for insurance you have to furnish the following details:
- Contact number
- Details of any previous claims
- Car registration number
- Car model and make
- Special features about the car
- Your driving license details
- Estimated annual mileage
- Where car will be parked at night.
3. How long does my car insurance policy last?
Any standard car insurance policy generally is valid for up to 12 months in UK. Usually, you have to pay a one-year premium when you apply for your car insurance. There are a few policies where you can pay a premium for more than a year too.
If you want to know more information about your car insurance then you must contact the representative of money expert.